Training, Workshops & Leadership Development
Training workshops provide the foundation information for participants. Rather than being seen as “the answer”, involvement in an Acuity training workshop provide the basic building blocks for understanding the complex nature of interpersonal interactions in the workplace. In adult learning principles, participants can leave our workshops with a better understanding of an issue in their workplace, others with an understanding of an issue of which they were not aware. More advanced participants will be able to take away practical skills and ideas and be able to implement these immediately. Others will benefit from further tailored intervention to apply the learnings to their own workplace situation, or for some participants may lack the skills, motivation, assertiveness, communication or confidence to effectively intervene but now have the knowledge to find a path forward.
Training workshops can be tailored for the needs of each site or working group (selected from the outlines provided below). Each training workshop is generally run as a half-day (3.5 hour) session, although time frames (with amended learning outcomes) can be changed to suit participant’s needs. A 4-week follow-up (facilitated and participant led 2-hour “problem solving” session) can also be added in order to facilitate behavioural change. Leadership Coaching Program (LCP) sessions can be added to each training workshop as required. All materials (pre-workshop, in-session, follow up) are included. Coaching sessions can be utilised per individual manager or shared across the site.
Acuity Training Approach
The delivery of an effective, meaningful training workshop is dependent upon key principles advanced by Acuity:
- Dynamic: steering away from “Death by Powerpoint”, the use of powerpoint slides is limited in favour of facilitated discussion and participant engagement
- Adult learning principles: participants bring a wealth of experience which is specific to their roles and (mostly) useful for other participants. Discussion and questioning throughout the session to create engagement with material
- Tailored case examples: Acuity will work with organisations to generate case examples which will be specific to the organisation and recognisable to participants
- Allocated time for implementation planning: participants are allocated time at the end of each session to plan how they will implement their main learnings from the session
- “The brain cannot absorb what the seat cant endure”. Breaks, standing tasks, moving seats are used to enhance engagement with content.
- Training workshop content can be tailored from any of the content outlined in the workshop details: a unique tailored workshop for a workgroup may involve pulling together content from three different workshops to create a unique workshop.
- Consultation is undertaken with organisations to ensure learning outcomes are aligned with competencies from Performance Development Plans and/or position descriptions.